Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Interview

I went for my interview two days ago(Friday) in Demo Power Sdn Bhd. Woke up at 6.30am. Went for breakfast after sending my sister to school. Reached Telok Pulai train station at 7.30am and waited for the train for about half an hour. Finally, the train arrived at 7.55am.

I reached KL Sentral at 9.00am. I was taking my own sweet time because according to my friend, Adrian, who recommended me to work for this company, it'll only take about half an hour for me to reach that company by Rapid KL bus. So i thought i'll reach there early around 9.35am or 9.40am because my interview was at 10.00am.

The situation became bad when i couldn't find the bus which i was supposed to take. Previously, Adrian told me to take the U82 Rapid KL bus because that was the bus he took when he went there for interview last time. Searched high and low for that U82 bus but still couldn't find it. So i went to the ticket counter and asked whether are there any other buses that i can take besides that 'nowhere to be found U82 bus'. The guy who worked there said that U82 is the only bus that passes through the place where i wanted to go.

U66, U78, U70, U83, U74, U85, U68........ All these buses passed by me but U82 was still nowhere to be seen! It was already 9.20am. I said to myself, 'gone lah gone lah.. sure cant make it for the interview'. Then came the taxi driver, asking me whether wanna take the taxi or not. I asked, "bang, nak pergi Phileo Damansara II(where Demo Power Sdn Bhd was located), berapa ya?". The taxi driver said, "25 ringgit". Then i asked again, "5 ringgit boleh kah? i ni student". Actually i knew that RM5 was too cheap and the taxi driver won't drive me there but still i have to try on my luck. You know what the taxi driver said? He said, "you ingat sini Petaling Street kah?". The taxi driver got pissed off and drove away. My bad.. xD Finally, the U82 bus came! Fiuh...!

In the bus, i told the bus driver(a lady) to drop me at Phileo Damansara II. She said okay. So she dropped me there. I reached there sharp at 10.00am. Wah, such a relief! I went up to the 8th floor where the company is located and told the receptionist that i went there for interview. She then asked the manager to approach me. Our conversation:
Me: Good morning, Sir!
Manager: Good morning! So you come here for interview?
Me: Yes!
Manager: What post?

Me: Promoter, Sir.
Manager: Oh? I think you've come into the wrong office. We don't offer this type of job.
Me: But this is Phileo Damansara II right?

Manager: So sorry, this is Phileo Damansara I. Phileo Damansara II is the other side. It takes about 15 minutes to walk from this building to that building.
Me: What?! Okay then, so sorry to interrupt you. Thank you very much!

Ahhh...! The time was already 10.05am. I was so angry and nervous because i knew that i was gonna be late for my interview. That bus driver told me the wrong thing and dropped me at a different place. I ran all the way to Phileo Damansara II. I reached that office at 10.15am. Went in and apologised for being late. Surprisingly, i wasn't the latest one to arrive! There were two more Indian girls who came in around 10.30am because they drove there and took the wrong road.

The whole process started with some briefing sessions. It took about two hours. After those briefing sessions, we were given a 5-minute break before we proceeded to the interview part.

Right after the break, one was called after another for the interview. I was the fifth one. I was quite nervous because this was the first time attending jobs interview. So i went into the room and greeted the trainer 'Good Morning' without realising that it was already 12.00pm. Lol! I was given three products and i had to choose one of them to promote it. It wasn't really an interview because all they wanted to see was how well do we perform, promote, speak and approach the customers
. So i just simply crapped about the product that i chose. It was quite tough though. We all were allowed to go back after the interview session was over. And they'll let us know on the 14th of January whether we passed the interview or not.

So i headed back to the bus stop where i was dropped off. I was supposed to wait at the opposite side of the road because the opposite road was the road going back to KL Sentral but i couldn't find any bus stop there. So i waited at the bus stop that i was dropped off earlier. Waited for the bus for about half an hour. I looked at my watch when i stepped into the bus and it was 1.00pm already and i thought i shall reach KL Sentral before 2.00pm. 2.10pm, i was still in the bus. The bus drove me around KL and stopped at the bus terminal behind One Utama for 20 minutes for no reason! The weather was so hot and all the passengers have to wait under the scorching Sun because that lady wanted to clean the bus. After she cleaned the bus, she asked us to get back into the bus again. Reached KL Sentral at 2.50pm.


The train came at 3.00pm. Found a seat in the train, made myself comfortable, set my alarm and dozed off. I was too tired because i didn't have a good night sleep the night before. I woke up when my alarm rang at 3.40pm. I stood up to check whether there were how many stations left to Telok Pulai station. Then i saw Cheng sitting behind me. I was quite surprised. Haha! Chatted with him until Telok Pulai station. My mum came and i went back home.

Overall, it wasn't a pleasant day for me. Many unpleasant things happened and all the things didn't go the way i wanted them to be. I hope i'll pass the interview and start working soon because i don't wanna 'rot' at home. xD

I know this is a long post. Spent kinda long time typing it. Hope you all enjoy reading it! =)

0 comments: